What do you see when you smile in the mirror. If the answer is anything less than your ideal smile, you deserve better. Life is simply too short to spend time feeling embarrassed about your teeth. Just the simple act of trying to hide your smile can alter your mood, sapping the joy from your experiences. So isn’t it time you got the smile you’ve always wanted? Porcelain veneers offer one quick and easy way to make your dream smile a reality. To learn the full extent of their benefits, take this quiz from your GrandPrairie dentist, Dr. Quinn Smith, and check your answers below. You’ll be glad you did.
Take the Quiz
1. True or False: Porcelain veneers can improve the appearance of crooked and crowded teeth.
2. True or False: Porcelain veneers can transform the appearance of your smile in two to three dental visits.
3. True or False: All porcelain veneers are non-reversible and require tooth preparation.
Check Your Answers
1. True. Veneers are thin layers of porcelain that attach to the front surfaces of teeth. In this position, they are capable of masking a variety of cosmetic problems including crooked and crowed teeth. These are not the only problems porcelain veneers can improve, however. They can also improve the appearance of stained, pitted, and damaged teeth, and they can cover gaps.
2. True. Porcelain veneers are very fast. During the first dental visit, your Grand Prairiecosmetic dentist, Dr. Smith, will take impressions of your teeth to gather information for the creation of the veneers. He will then send this information to a lab, which will create a customized set of veneers for you. On a return visit, these veneers will be secured in place with dental cement, completing your smile transformation.
3. False. Some porcelain veneers require some enamel to be scraped off of teeth before the veneers are applied. These veneers are non-reversible, but durable and effective. However, Lumineers, another kind of porcelain veneer, are very thin, durable, and require no tooth preparation, making them reversible.
Porcelain Veneers from Your Grand Prairie Cosmetic Dentist
Are you tired of the appearance of your teeth? Get the smile you have always wanted with porcelain veneers. Call your Grand Prairie cosmetic dentist, Dr. Smith, at 972-262-5111. Our 75052 dental office welcomes patients from Grand Prairie, Arlington, South Dallas, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and surrounding communities.