Do you think that you know just how to handle tooth decay when it affects you? Or, do you think that you may accidentally participate in decay no-no’s from time to time? Make sure you’re not falling into any common traps that can make things worse!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are dealing with a cavity, then the best thing you can do to stop the tooth decay from getting worse is brush the tooth extra hard. You might even be able to heal the problem
- True or False: It’s okay to rely on a store-bought temporary dental filling if you can successfully place it and your tooth feels comfortable once you do so.
- True or False: When you think you have a cavity, it’s a good idea to go ahead and see if it goes away. If you can still see it or feel it (or it’s still causing pain) after several weeks, then you should call us (but you don’t want to call too soon).
- False. You don’t want to do anything that will make your tooth hurt, hurt worse, or that might cause additional damage. All you want to do is gently cleanse the tooth as you usually do and come see us soon for a visit.
- False. It’s okay to use this for a day or two as you’re preparing to see us for your tooth decay visit. However, this is not something you can use in place of our care.
- False. Don’t wait. When you think you’re dealing with tooth decay or that something isn’t right with your oral health in any way, contact us. Waiting can lead to much more severe consequences.
Treat Cavities ASAP To Prevent Serious Damage
To avoid problems like breakage and infection, your best course of action when a cavity develops is to call us and to come in right away! Set up an appointment in Grand Prairie, TX by contacting your dentist at Pecan Tree Dental to schedule a visit at (972) 262-5111.