Are you someone who feels that your gag reflex is getting in the way of your dental care? As a result, do you worry there’s nothing you can do about it, you feel a bit alone, and you aren’t sure how to move forward? Of course, we encourage you to talk with us about this issue as soon as possible! For now, take heart in the help we offer through a brief quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Having an overactive gag reflex or one that simply causes you problems during dental care is extremely uncommon.
- True or False: If you are dealing with serious gagging, you’re probably not going to be able to access the dental care that you need for healthy teeth and gums, etc.
- True or False: The only way you can relieve gagging is with dental sedation.
- False. This is more common than you might think. When you worry that you’re the only person we’ve ever seen who is dealing with a strong gag reflex, think again! You’re in very good company.
- False. This is absolutely not an obstacle to being able to access dental care for your smile. It’s simply a matter of figuring out how to relax your reflex and to work around the issue, so you may protect your oral health and receive any and all care you may need.
- False. While sedation is certainly a wonderful option, it’s not the only one. You may seek out relaxation and meditation techniques, carry along a special playlist or something else that will help you remain distracted, and practice breathing and calming your muscles.
Receive Help For Your Gag Reflex
Talk with us during your next checkup about your gag reflex, so we can help you control the problem and access the care you deserve. Set up an appointment in Grand Prairie, TX by contacting your dentist at Pecan Tree Dental to schedule a visit at (972) 262-5111.