Has a tongue piercing been something you’ve been considering for a while now? Perhaps inspiration suddenly struck and you thought to yourself that this is something you feel is a good choice for you at the moment. Whatever the reason behind it, we encourage you to take some time to think things over. Not sure if you may be overlooking some reasons to steer clear of this type of body art? Learn more with our quick yet helpful quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A tongue piercing is just like any other type of piercing. You’ll get it, clean your tongue, and the chance of anything going wrong is slim.
- True or False: It’s nearly impossible to break a tooth with your piercing. As long as you aren’t messing around with the piercing or chewing on it, you’re safe.
- True or False: Aside from the potential for infection or a broken tooth, there’s not much else that can go wrong when you receive an oral piercing.
- False. Your mouth is quite an exceptional breeding ground of bacteria, many of which are very harmful. When you create a hole in your tongue for a tongue piercing, the wound attracts bacteria, which can quickly yield an infection. Severe swelling is also possible.
- False. It’s very easy to break a tooth with a piercing even if you’re being careful. This is a reason we suggest you choose not to pierce your tongue.
- False. You can irritate your tongue and lips, you may end up with gum damage, and you might have trouble keeping the site clean and healthy.
Check In With Us For Advice
Talk over big changes with us, such as tongue piercings, so we can guide you toward protected teeth and gums. Set up an appointment in Grand Prairie, TX by contacting your dentist at Pecan Tree Dental to schedule a visit at (972) 262-5111.