You very well may have a quick answer to a long list of questions about your smile. Details about prevention? You know it. Stuff about what to do when you end up with a cavity? You’re right there with a solution. However, if someone were to ask you about how many permanent teeth you have, you just might have to stop and count! Let’s have a bit of fun and test your knowledge of just how many teeth are in there!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are an adult, you should have between 28 teeth and 32 teeth.
- True or False: If you are missing any of your permanent teeth (wisdom teeth excluded), and the reason is not due to oral surgery for misalignment, it is very important that you replace those teeth.
- True or False: Your young children will initially have a set of primary teeth that will equal fewer than an adult’s. However, teeth that will eventually equal a set of 32 will begin coming in when your little one is around the age of six.
- True. An adult smile with wisdom teeth in place equals a total of 32 teeth. If you do not have wisdom teeth (or had them removed), that leaves you with a total of 28!
- True. Unless you have had permanent teeth removed for a particular reason that does not warrant replacement, leaving open spaces in your smile will be to your detriment. It may cause everything from misalignment concerns to dental hygiene problems.
- True. While this process will continue into the teen years, it does begin with losing baby teeth as early as around six years old.
Learn The Exciting Details Of Your Smile
Find out whatever it is you wish to know about your grin with a visit to our practice in Grand Prairie, TX. Schedule an appointment with Pecan Tree Dental today by calling (972) 262-5111. We proudly welcome patients from Grand Prairie, as well as surrounding areas including Arlington, South Dallas, Cedar Hill, and Duncanville.