As the weekend quickly approaches, we would just like to send out our wishes for a very enjoyable holiday experience. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, spend time with family and friends, and smile that healthy smile of yours! It is healthy, right? Check out a quick holiday quiz to make sure you’re keeping your oral health protected throughout the fun and merriment that awaits.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When the holidays make their appearance, you should be able to count a minimum of two visits you have made to our practice within the previous year, for a dental checkup and a dental cleaning.
- True or False: The best way to keep your smile fresh at holiday parties is to eat lot of mints.
- True or False: Oral health protection over the holidays relies primarily on your ability to schedule a quick visit for a cleaning with us.
- True. When the year is over, you should be able to think back through the year and remember two dates during which you came into our practice. We suggest two preventive care appointments annually as optimal oral health protection.
- False. While mints might temporarily help freshen your breath, they will also coat your teeth with sugar (which leads to decay and other issues). Instead, enjoy a 20-minute sugarless gum chewing session. Or, rinse with water and then head to the bathroom to brush within 30 minutes.
- False. You just need to continue with the basics throughout this fun holiday time: Brush (twice daily) and floss (once daily).