As you navigate what can feel like the big, complex world of dental hygiene, you may notice that the requirements are actually not all that overwhelming. In fact, taking care of your smile, so your smile continues to look good, feel good, and avoid serious problems, takes just minutes of your day. To help you feel confident about this epiphany (rather than leave you worrying you must be overlooking something), we encourage you to take our quiz for reassurance.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Your dental hygiene should take around six minutes every day, give or take.
- True or False: You should not be comparing your hygiene products to those of anyone else. It’s important that you choose something that helps keep your smile healthy, even if it’s something that doesn’t necessarily work for someone else.
- True or False: When you brush your teeth and floss your teeth, it’s extremely important that you are taking a metered, steady approach, cleaning every tooth, along your gumline, and even brushing your tongue without rushing or pressing hard.
- True. Believe it or not, it doesn’t take a long time to keep your smile clean. You should be brushing for two minutes in the morning. Then, you should brush for two minutes again at night. That’s a total of four minutes of brushing a day. Add a flossing session to one of those brushings (which generally takes just a couple additional minutes) and you’re still well under 10 minutes a day. Dental hygiene is easy.
- True. Don’t find yourself worried that you aren’t using the latest, most expensive, or interesting in the world of oral health care. Just make sure the products you use are consistent, comfortable, and remove plaque effectively.
- True. Once you get a system down that works for you, it’s like clockwork. As you develop this habit, just remember that slow and steady wins the race … not fast and furious!