You have likely experienced bad breath at some point in your life. If it was caused by some strong smelling food, you probably brushed your teeth and flossed afterwards – or chose to avoid that particular food for a while – and all was well as a result. However, yucky breath is something that can become chronic and very unpleasant to the sufferer. To find out whether you are familiar with the causes (so you may avoid or quickly address them), we invite you to participate in a quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s possible that you have bad breath because you are not brushing and flossing up to par. By making changes to your dental hygiene and scheduling a dental cleaning, you may be able to attain fresh breath again.
- True or False: Dry mouth can cause your breath to smell bad. This is something that may develop from something as simple as congestion that leads you to breathe through your mouth instead of your nose – or the side effect of a medication.
- True or False: Sometimes, a problem with your oral health will result in a foul odor, which results in unpleasant breath.
- True. The bacteria that live within your mouth – the bad kind, that is – can make things quite smelly. Keeping up with your dental hygiene and cleanings is often all you need to maintain a fresh-smelling smile.
- True. We encourage you to address problems that might cause mouth breathing (like congestion) or to let us know about the medications you take, so we can help treat your bad breath.
- True. Issues like gum disease or an infection can become malodorous, leaving you in need of restorative care to improve your breath.